Joy and Nomi took the plunge and signed up for their first 10km running race ever in May 2010 in Singapore at the Sundown Race event...Then they trained for a half marathon in the fall of 2010, Joy's in Canada and Nomi's in Malaysia...Then, they finished their second-ever half marathon in Singapore May 2011 at the Sundown Race event, but this time they ran together!

Then their sporting paths diverged: Nomi went on to run marathons while Joy learned how to ride a bike. This blog charts their progress from 2010 to 2012.

Read their blog to see what their sporting adventures look like or just look at the pictures of Canada's capital city and Malaysia's capital city. You can choose the "follow" option or subscribe via email to be notified of updates. (You can start reading/skimming their first entries from the summer of 2010 or just jump right in, reading from any point you like. The "Archives" will be your guide.)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Please...I have to pee!

Joy here...The wind was howling on Saturday morning, but The Man, a friend of ours, and I put on our layers and headed out the door to ride on that Aviation Parkway near the Aviation museum where Cili Padi and I rode last weekend.  The Aviation museum is one of Canada's national museums and houses a huge collection of flight-related paraphernalia.  More importantly, I usually use its lovely washroom facilities as either part of my pre-ride or post-ride experience.  If you've read this blog before, you'll likely have come upon the realization that my bladder is the size of a peanut.  Both my 5km race experience and 30km race experience were adversely affected by my need to pee at the start line, and usually out on my rides I scope out the best bathrooms.  So as we rode through the early morning streets I was already thinking about that museum's bathroom, knowing that as we pulled into the parking lot, I'd be able to use a real, flushing toilet before turning out for the out-and-back along the windy parkway under a grey sky.

But it was not to be.

I was not allowed to pee.

It turns out that while the museum wasn't yet open, there were people inside, and one of them, a burly "gym guy" who looks like he's very good at following orders, giving orders, but not so very good at thinking for himself or using common sense, barred the door and told me "we're closed."  When I asked (with my most cute and slightly pathetic voice) if I could just scoot in to use the toilet, I was told "no."  So all I can hope is that one day this guy's wife will be heavily pregnant, will have the terrible urge to pee, and be denied access to a federally-funded museum space that his and her tax dollars paid for.  Then, maybe then, he'll understand my pain.

Or I could just kick him in the nuts.

Instead, I hopped on my bike with my friends and rode out to the outhouse along the way that is open year round and not guarded by a gorilla-type fella.

 So while our door-to-door ride was a chilly 40kms all up, I'm just happy that I didn't pee my pants.  Phewf!  

Over and out, 
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment